Whether you had a small fender bender or totaled your car, auto accidents are scary! And, it is hard to know what you should do after an accident. We have generated a list of helpful tips below:
- Check yourself and passengers for injuries.
- Remain calm. Take a few deep breaths if necessary. Be polite to all parties involved in the accident.
- Move out of the way of oncoming traffic.
- Turn your hazard lights on.
- Call the police.
- Take pictures of the damage and the license plates of the other parties. This can help prevent fraudulent claims from other parties.
- Exchange information such as: driver’s names, address, phone number, insurance company, policy number, drivers license number and license plate number.
- Stay at the accident scene until police have arrived and you have filed a report with them.
- Call your insurance provider to report the claim as soon as possible.
An accident can be upsetting. Following the steps above can help the incident go smoothly.