Did you know that all homes are technically in a flood zone?

Some homes are more at risk than others.  If your home is a high flood risk, your mortgage company may require that you carry separate insurance to cover flooding.

Flood insurance is a bit different than a typical home insurance policy.  It does have a 30 day waiting period before coverage can start.  (Unless your mortgage company is requiring proof of insurance for a closing.)  There is also a maximum amount of coverage you can insurance for the home and contents.  You can insure your structure for up to $250,000.  You can insure your contents for up to $100,000.

Because flood insurance is a national program, rates are typically the same no matter what carrier you choose.

If you have additional questions, please contact your insurance agent.  Don’t wait until it is too late!