If you are anything like my family, we could not wait to take a vacation! COVID has kept us stuck inside for too long! When we travel, we take several precautions before we leave.
- We hold the mail so it doesn’t pile up.
- We turn the thermostats up in summer. We turn them down in winter.
- We have someone check the house daily and report any concerns.
- Our doggies go to the kennel to play with friends and get groomed.
- We run the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer before we go.
You may have some of your own rituals based on your situation. We follow the ones above to minimize risk of theft and unnecessary water losses. I have had one too many clients return from vacation with water standing in their home. Or even worse, to find valuable items missing!